You know that feeling when you come down with a nasty cold and panic because of how much you have going on that day/week/weekend? That would be me today. A cold is one of those things that seems too whimpy to stay home with, yet that’s exactly what we should be doing!
Last night I was extremely exhausted after meeting a friend for dinner, so I went to bed wayyy before my normal bedtime. Although I thought I slept well, when I woke up BAM! sore throat and full blown head cold. What the heck?!
I’m going to blame it on a combination of sharing water bottles with sick kiddos (I know, I know, not the smartest idea), traveling, lack of sleep and having a jam-packed week before leaving again yet tomorrow for the weekend. Did I mention I haven’t even unpacked from when we got home Monday night? **sigh**
So what do you do when you’ve got a full day ahead and need to bring your A game? You rev up your wellness game, and quick!
The 5 Things To Do To Feel Better Faster:
5) Drink a LOT of water. Like chugging style drink a lot of water.
4) Oil pull. Scoop up a chunk of coconut oil, put it in mouth, and swish around for around 10 minutes (or whatever my schedule/gag reflux will allow!). Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic technique that is rumored to pull out toxins. I do this the morning after I’ve had to much to drink as well!
3) Gargle with salt water. My grandma did it, my mom did it, and I do it. It’s one of those old remedies that according to this article by Mayo Clinic, really works.
2) Drink herbal tea with lemon. I love this Traditional Medicinals EveryDay Detox tea. Add a little honey to up the soothing. Ahhhhh…
1) Take Immunity Vitamins! These Source Natural Wellness Formula vitamins (check out my review here!) are hands down the number one thing I swear by to feel better faster. My husband and I both agree that if we start taking them as soon as start feeling under the weather, it’s unlikely that we feel unwell for more than 1-2 days.
Oh, and eat chicken noodle soup. It’s good for the soul.
Check out my recipes below:
Here’s to a happy and healthy weekend ya’ll!