So Easter is over. And my did it fly! I ate lots of delicious food, how about you?
Sadly, I was not witness (nor a participant for that matter!) to any egg hunts this year. Nor did I dye any eggs. Oh well. There’s always next year!
However, if you participated in the egg dying/hunting extravaganzas and have leftover eggs to use, here’s a couple of my favorite egg dishes:
1) Broccoli Feta Omelet – yum! My other favorite combo is kale and cheddar. Some good nitrate-free local bacon never hurts either
2) Spinach and Cheddar Frittata
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil (about 1 TBSP)
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Sauté garlic in oil until fragrant (about 30 seconds)
- Add in spinach, saute until starting to soften
- Pour in eggs and sprinkle with cheese
- Cook until set on bottom and starting to set on top (about 4-5 mins)
- Put in oven and broil until top is lightly brown and fluffy (about 2-3 mins)
3) Eggs and Toast (over easy eggs, on delicious French bread from the local baker). Oh and sautéed kale on top! This is definitely a knife and fork kind of meal
Enjoy your eggcellent eggs
And happy clean eating!