We made it to the end of the week!
Although this was a short work week for most of us, it still felt like a week to me! Especially with our school’s graduation on Wednesday night.
We went out as a staff afterwards to have a few drinks and eats, and celebrate another class of seniors making it to graduation (and us teachers making it to graduation as well!).
I ended up staying out much later than I intended, so yesterday I was pretty darn exhausted. After work I cleared my schedule and went home to take a nap. Boy, did that feel good! Once the fiance got home from work we went for a nice long walk down by the lake. It has been so ridiculously nice here lately – I’m in looooove! I’m seriously a different person when the weather is nice. You would be too if you lived through the -40 degree winter we had here in MN.
So on to today. When I first started to get into blogging, Iowa Girl Eats was one of the very first blogs I followed. It is still one of my favs, as Kristin is always coming up with unique and healthy meal ideas. It is also where I first saw Friday Favorites. Every Friday Kristin posts her favorite finds from around the web. It’s a fun post to read!
Today, I’m creating a Friday Favorites of my own. There are a few bloggers out there that do their own spin on Friday Favorites, and I’ll be linking up with them as well! One is Jennie from The Diary of a Real Housewife, Jill Conyers, and Clare from Fitting it All In.
So, what are my favorites for today?
Friday Favorites #1
1) Gardening. The fiance and I are on the house search for this summer, and I secretly hope we can find a place soon enough just so I can grow a vegetable garden. Last year I started up this community garden at my school with one of my classes. All the produce is donated to our building’s food shelf. It was a blast to watch the students build, plant, and care for the vegetables. Not to mention, it felt great to give back to the community!
2) Lamb burgers. More so than regular ‘ol hamburgers. They are a regular rotating dinner menu item at our place. This picture is from awhile back. Last night we had ours sans bread, and I made a yummy yogurt dipping sauce with cumin, turmeric and garlic. With a side of grilled zucchini and caprese salad. So so good!
3) Mini Food Processors. We (ahem, I) just broke our food processor. One of the pieces got into the garbage disposal and we all know how that story ends. I didn’t realize how much I loved ours, especially now that it is gone! We make pesto, salad dressings, and hummus with it. So easy to use! I will definitely be buying a new one here soon….
This guy from Williams Sonoma is looking like a good one:
4) Weddings. Wedding season is upon us! There is no better excuse to get together with a bunch of friends you hardly ever see anymore (at least not all at once!), all dressed up and ready to celebrate. We’ve got 3 in a row starting tomorrow, and then one in July, one in August, and one in October. Hoof-ta! Maybe it will inspire me to wedding plan more….just maybe.
5) Infused water. Last week I threw some lemons in my mason jar of ice water. It was such a refreshing treat! A great way to sweeten up your drink, without the use of added sugar. I posted about the health benefits of lemon water here. Next time I’m going to try a few other combinations (cucumbers, oranges, limes, the list goes on!).
Well folks, that’s it for today. What are a few of your current favorites? Feel free to leave me a comment below – I love hearing from you!