Howdy all! It’s Friday – whoop whoop! We ended a quarter this week at school, and thus, I have off today. After all the stress of entering grades and calculating credit for my students, I cannot tell you how good it felt to sleep in, fry some eggs and press a big glass of fresh juice for breakfast. And now I’m sitting at my kitchen table blogging. Talk about a perfect morning!
I haven’t linked up with any other bloggers lately, and quite honestly, I kinda miss it! So I decided to break away from my usual recipe posts as of late, and let you in on what’s on my Friday Favorites list.
Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney (the authors behind Friday Five) are focusing their posts today on staying healthy over the holidays. My post today is a twist on that: staying sane over the holidays! Work has been stressing me out a lot lately, and I’m finding that I am not loving this year as much as last (partly due perhaps to the lack of windows in my classroom and our strip mall location!). I’ve been trying to stay in the present moment, focus on what is good, and do more yoga. It’s definitely been helping, but I am still finding myself anxious a lot lately. So, what is keeping me sane these days? Read on!
Friday Favorites – Keeping Sane (in no particular order)
1. My loving fiancé – and his ability to put me in a good mood no matter what!
2. Pre-cute Butternut Squash – hello easy Butternut Squash Soup (like this recipe here!).
3. Irish Coffee – Coffee with Bailey’s and whiskey. Need I say more?!
4. Protein (like eggs and spinach) – to keep my body satisfied and back on track after too much Halloween candy!
5. Dark Chocolate – Like this barkTHINS snacking chocolate. Dark chocolate pumpkin seed with SEA SALT. OMG. I can devour this bag in no time. Good thing it comes in a HUGE 17 oz bag (yep, that’s over 1 lb. of chocolate).
6. Long hikes in nature – especially at Lebanon Hills Regional Park in Eagan, MN.
7. Fresh-pressed juice – for when I’m feeling sluggish and heavy.
8. Easy and healthy dinners – like these rotisserie chicken lettuce wraps with leftover wild rice (from this wild rice soup!) and pineapple, red onion and cucumber salsa.
9. Local delicious apples from the farmer’s market – a reminder that good things come with cooler weather.
10. Authentic Mexican food from one of my students – a small reminder of why I do what I do.
Alright folks, that’s it! I hope you are having a fantastic Friday and have a great weekend ahead!