Can you believe it’s already Friday?! I can’t. It’s also the last day of school….bah!
It’s been a long, and crazy, week. Literally every night has been jam packed. Between end-of-year meetings, an open house at the new school building, teaching yoga, and having dinner with my cousins, I am exhausted.
Last night the fiancé and I were supposed to go a friend’s house to celebrate a birthday and see another friend who is in town, but it just got to be too much. I hate having to make the decision to not do something because I’m too burned out by everything else going on. Unfortunately it happens every once and awhile, and luckily I have amazing friends who understand that life is busy and plans change! This weekend is going to be just as crazy with a soccer tournament to help run, a 30th birthday party, a wedding, and a yoga meeting. My goodness!
Then life will hopefully slow down for a bit. Hopefully.
Sometimes I’m so busy, that I literally think I’m losing my mind. For example, last night I had to run to two different grocery stores. I went to Trader Joe’s to pick up stuff for the Strawberry Spinach Salad I made for our school’s end-of-year party today, and then left without picking up anything for dinner! Who does that?! Oh wait, I do.
So it was off to another store quick to get something to grill. We figured it would be easy and quick before we headed out to the other side of town to see my friends (which didn’t happen anyway!).
Anyway, it wasn’t as quick and easy as I thought it would be (it never is, is it?), but it was still a good dinner choice. I love anything grilled, especially fish.
Which brings me to today’s post.
I have been enjoying linking up with other blogs for posts like these. It’s a fun way to connect with other bloggers! I missed WIAW this week because a) I was too busy to even think about blogging and b) I was too busy to remember to take a day’s worth of food pictures.
So here you have it, my Friday Favorites 2. In no particular order.
Friday Favorites 2
1. Thai food. The fiancé and I snuck away from work to meet up for a quick lunch date. Being I had an errand for work to run by his work, we met up at Sen Yai Sen Lek in NE Minneapolis. I had never been, but he had before and was a big fan. I absolutely love Thai food, and would love to one day make it to Southeast Asia myself. Until then, I’ll continue to seek out good Thai food here in MN.
Thai food heaven.
2. Where we live. The fiancé and I are within walking distance to two of Minneapolis’ finest lakes. This here is Cedar lake. It has great views of downtown Minneapolis, and is less busy than Lake Calhoun or Lake Harriet that are nearby. One of my favorite places to walk when the weather is nice.
3. Grilled Fish. I already mentioned above how much I love grilled anything. Especially fish grilled. And especially of the whole fish variety. This here is grilled snapper with lime and ginger.
Not gonna lie, that eye creeps me out just a little bit!
4. Frozen Treats. Like this one. There is nothing more refreshing on a hot day to come home, dig in the freezer, and pull one of these chocolate covered babies out!
5. HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts. Short, super effective workouts that help your body burn calories long after you’re done! My favorites are from 12 Minute Athlete. They are definitely a butt-kicker, but I never get bored and feel great afterwards! Not to mention, I’m getting stronger too.