Tis the season for food trucks. For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure of eating from a food truck, you are missing out my friends. It’s a fairly recent trend (not sure if I should even use the word trend, as I hope it’s here to stay!) here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, with more and more food trucks joining the scene each year.
This summer I’ve had the opportunity to sample deliciousness from the following:
1) Foxy Falafel
2) The Moral Omnivore
3) Chef Shack
4) Get Sauced
Last year I ate at The Dandelion Kitchen (where I had the best BLT ever – read on!).
Although I thoroughly enjoyed each one, I definitely have my favorites. Unfortunately I didn’t take many pictures of these dishes, as I was out on the street, too busy enjoying the scenery (and food!) to think about those kind of things Better luck next time I guess!
Here’s the scoop:
1) Foxy Falafel – The best falafel I’ve ever had. Not that I have a lot to compare to, but still. I honestly didn’t think I really liked falafel as I’ve had it a few times before and it hasn’t done much for me. Not this stuff. So moist and delicious on the inside, crispy on the outside. The picked toppings and sauces were a nice compliment. I was seriously sad when my falafel was all gone. Was even at the Twins game randomly craving one of these the other day. Will have to visit again soon!
2) The Moral Omnivore – Although I do enjoy beet salads occasionally, I would have not have thought to put it in a sandwich. The BLT and Beet sliders were both surprisingly good. The fried tomato on the BLT was a nice touch, and the thin slice of beet on the other was tender and delicious. The combo of ingredients in these sliders is spot on. Even if you think you don’t like beets, I’d still give it a try. It just might make you a believer!
3) ChefShack – The bf ordered the duck nachos at the Farmer’s Market one Saturday. Tasty, but it fell short of my expectations. Would have liked a bit bigger of a portion for the price too! However, being I’ve heard good things, I’m going to have to give this one another go!
4) Get Sauced – Some seriously delicious tacos and corn. I had the Mexican style tacos. Juicy chicken, topped with fresh pico, cilantro, queso fresco on top of soft corn tortillas. The creamed corn that was on special was also amazing. Fresh, flavorful, and a bit of creaminess going on. Mmm, mouth is watering just thinking about it!
5) Dandelion Kitchen – Like I said before, the best BLT I’ve ever had. Maple-glazed bacon, heirloom tomatoes, lettuce (obviously), and avocado. The bread had a nice crunch on the outside, but was soft on the inside. My favorite
Alright, that’s my take. Feel free to leave me a comment on your own favorite food trucks in the area. There are definitely quite a few more I’d like to check out!
Happy Food Truck Eating!