It’s here, it’s here, the last day of the year! And oh how cooooold it has been. I haven’t really wanted to leave the house these past two days (surprise, surprise). Yesterday I finally made it out for a 8:30 yoga class (yes, 8:30 p.m.). And today, I am currently still at home in my scrubs (it’s almost 4:00), contemplating going to the gym and perhaps stopping at one of my favorite discount boutiques before we go out to dinner and ring in the new year with some friends tonight. Well see how far I get with that one…
So what have I been doing these past two days? Well let’s see. Cleaning, doing laundry, wedding planning, and yes, spending lots of time in the kitchen. Falling more in love with our new juicer, and whipping up some other deliciousness. Yesterday morning for breakfast I made these little loves: Cheesy Kale and Ham Quinoa Cups. We had extra ham to use up from Christmas, and you can only have so many leftover ham sandwiches (or ham and cheese omelets).
I sacrificed some kale that I was originally going to juice, added in the diced ham and some good cheddar cheese. Yum, yum, yum. These are great to make ahead, freeze, and then grab on your way out the door for a hearty (not to mention, healthy!) breakfast.
Cheesy Kale and Ham Quinoa Cups
Adapted from iowagireats.com
2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cups uncooked)
1 1/2 cup kale, cut into thin strips
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup onion, diced small
salt and pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
3) Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
4) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean and edges are browning.
Wishing you all a very happy (and safe!) New Year! See you next year, ya’ll.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about ¾ cups uncooked)
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cup kale, cut into thin strips
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup onion, diced small
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean and edges are browning.